Saturday, February 07, 2009

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 27:8

I had a sticker with this verse pasted on my notebook.
It showed a man using a telescope searching for God in the vast universe.
One immediate thought that came to my mind is the song "Be Magnified O Lord"

Lately I have been talking to certain individuals.
And very often I go away feeling exhausted mentally.
Because the conversations always surround issues like limitations, difficulties and quitting.
After a while, you get depressed by the sad news.

I can't help but think what do we see when we put on our telescope?
Do we only see our endless problems?
Or do we also see our God?

"I have made you too small in my eyes, O Lord, forgive me.
And I have believed in a lie.
That You were unable to help me
But now O Lord I see my wrong
Heal my heart and show Yourself strong
And in my eyes and with my song
O Lord, be MAGNIFIED.
O Lord, be MAGNIFIED."

Lord help me to magnify You more than my own problems.
Lord remind me that even the worst thing that can happen to me will not fall out of your sovereign control.

Posted by missyew at 9:33 PM