Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's CNY soon but it doesnt really feel like it.
Except for the oranges, bak kua and the hamper at home.

I dont really like CNY.
Ok maybe I do a little.
But just for the pretty dress I get to buy and the ang paos.

The truth is, CNY has become very predictable for me.
I visit the same place.
Greet the same people.
Eat the same food.
Answer the same question (you have to reach a certain age to be targetted)

And even sit at the same seat.

I think CNY is more for the older folks.
It's the time of the year where they get to meet their siblings and relatives.
Catch up on the good old days and find out how's life with one another.

Then it's goodbye again and till we meet next CNY [or wedding or funeral =(]


But actually, CNY will never be the same again.
At least not for my family.
Because our dearest dad is not around with us anymore.

As far as I can remember, it has always been his tradition to throw a dinner on the 7th day.
To celebrate "Ren Ri" with us and our extended relatives.
Now that he's no longer around, I have taken the initiative to carry on this tradition on his behalf.
This is his way of teaching us the value of family ties.

Erm...maybe CNY is nt too bad after all.
Because it's all about celebrating the gift of family ties.

Happy Chinese New Year to all!!

Posted by missyew at 1:48 PM