Saturday, July 26, 2008

At a recent bible study, we were asked to share our favourite Psalm.
I took a long time to search for mine.
To be honest, I seldom read Psalm.
Except when I need to pen some thots in cards.
Undeniably, Psalm are such powerful and beautifully written poetry.
And eventually, I settled for one.

For some reasons, I like Psalm 46 alot.

My first encounter with it was when Evelyn left for studies in Australia.
Pat got her a card on behalf of the whole caregroup with the verse Ps 46:10.
"Be Still And Know That I Am God".
I never quite knew the meaning of the verse then.

Why do we have to be STILL in order to know that He is God?
My memory jolted me to events in the last two years.

The last two years of my life can be considered the most blessed and painful.
Paradox?
Exactly.

Joy turned to pain.
Security turned to uncertainty.
Purpose turned to confusion.

"Where is God?" I often asked.
Why doesn't happiness last?
Doesn't He care enough to do something?

In my frantic search for Him (almost everywhere but the right place), I can't find Him.

Then I heard that song "STILL" again.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar.
I will soar with you above the storm.
Father You are King over the flood.
I will be STILL, KNOW YOU ARE GOD.

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His powers
In QUIETNESS and TRUST

Why do we have to be STILL in order to know that He is God?

Because when we are still, we are able to think better.
We can sort out and shut out all the unnecessary voices in our heart.
We remember that it's time to let God take over.
Because...He is...

The one who parted the red sea.
The one who feeds the 5000.
The one who heals the leper.
The one who gave His life for me on the cross.

When I am still, I'll be able to remember that He is God.
I knew He has heard me.
I will no longer be in fear.
I have been comforted.

Posted by missyew at 4:23 PM