Monday, December 03, 2007

I was crying quite badly at yesterday's service.
I was very touched by one of the song that we sang
(I cant even remember the title of the song now).
It says something like "In all seasons, I will still love You.."
It just brought me to tears.

Images just flashed across my mind.
Those seasons when I felt lost, confused, disillusioned, hurt and betrayed.
Those times when I felt like giving up, even my own life.
Because what I am going through has become too overwhelmed for myself.
But it is also those same moments that I knew I have to turn to God.
Those same moments where God has always remained by my side.
I dont know what I will ever do without Him.

Then I remember those seasons when I felt most loved, cared for and protected.
Those moments when God knew what I needed and sent them.
Friends who called and caught up with me over meals.
Friends who encourages and cheers me on.
Friends who were just there for me.

Someone told me today that I am very fortunate to be surrounded by so many friends who loved me.
I was?
Yes I am.
Perhaps I have failed to look around me.
Failed to be thankful.
For helps given to me in times of need.
For all the wonderful time I had with my friends.
For friends who bothered about me more than I bothered about them.

God, thank you for never leaving me alone.
For being there for me in all seasons of my life.
Forgive me that I have become inward looking when I should be looking up and around me.

Thank you for sending me friends, wonderful sisters and brothers.
Thank you for telling me through them how much I am being loved.

Help me dear Lord to look at my abundance and not my lack.
Help me to move on and not dwell on my past.
Help me to surrender my life into Your loving hands.


Thank you Ben for bringing so much comfort to my broken soul.


Thank you kiddos for making Sunday such a enjoyable day.


Thank you Rhys for making me laugh.

Many thanks to those who make my day..
Thanks Ilango for the nite out - it felt so good to be silly sometimes.
Thanks Irene for the early birthday treat - your company always brings a smile to my heart.
Thanks Eugene for the lunch - it always refreshes my soul talking to you.
Thanks Victor for your email - your prayers and concerns are very much appreciated.
Thanks Eddie for the strudel & waffle - thank God for re-connecting us.
Thanks Desmond for subway - old friends are for keeps.
Thanks Mabel, Lindia & Yuying for the dinner dates - meeting up with you gals has always been a highlight.
Thanks Agnes for being there - i know i always have a fren near enough for me.
Thanks Julie, Gerald & Roland - your smses on God's word always keep me grounded.
Thanks Ivy for the rides - you have been a very great encourager to me on this journey on earth.
Thanks Pat for your example - your kindheartedness and love for the kids are an inspiration to me.
Thanks Adeline for your concern - i have always enjoyed our small talks along the corridor.
Thanks Huiying for your little gifts - your cards/calls/smses are great perks for my day.
Thanks Sherlyn for your encouragement - it gives me courage to go about my day knowing someone is on her knees.

Thanks Louis for your sharing - it's gd to hv someone to talk to.
Thanks Jasmine for your counsel - it helps me see where I have gone wrong and what I should have done better.
Thanks Sylvia for your support - you have been like a spiritual mentor to me.
Thanks James & Puay Eng and Clifford & Jane for your love - I thank God for extended family like you both
Thanks mummies in church for your "courage" - in trusting me with your kids.
Thanks to the kiddo in church - life has become much colorful with you all.

And many many more...

Posted by missyew at 5:12 PM