Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's been a week since I last blogged.
How time flies.
I have done so much in between.
I will just mention a couple of them.

Erm..let's start with work.

I am glad that I managed to talk to more people about God this week.
Not that anything I can brag about.
In fact, I felt quite guilty that I havnt been doing much telling.
In the past and sometimes even at present.

Honestly, I do enjoy the process of sharing the gospel.
Telling others what I believe.
Explaining and clarifying.
Posing questions raised back to myself.
Trying to be more certain and sure.
Knowing the God of the Bible.

Yet at times, it scares me when I find that I know so little about my God.
Like I am stuck somewhere.
Not moving ahead.
Need to be taught the same truths again and again.

Like what I read in Hebrews recently.

Heb 5:11-14
11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn.
12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.


It isnt a pleasant thing not growing.
Not learning.

Lord, help me to retain what was taught.
Let me keep your commands and guard your teachings.
Bind them in my fingers and write them on the tablet of my heart.

Talking about what I believe reminds me of another highlight of the week..

WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR?
WHAT DO YOU FIGHT FOR?
WHAT DO YOU LIVE FOR?
WHAT DO YOU DIE FOR?

These are headlines from the movie poster of "Lions for Lambs" which caught my attention.
Thanks to my friend, the one-and-only TD&H, I get to watch the movie (tks for the great time!!).
I was kinda lost in the first part.
But I gradually understood the message it is trying to tell us (but the ending sucks).

I think in life, we all need some form of conviction.
Something that we can stand, fight, live and die for.
Something important enough to drive us to do what we do.
Yet because we all differ in our opinions and convictions.
What we believe in and perhaps hope others around us will agree likewise, may not achieve the results that we want.

Two determined students, Ernest and Arian followed the inspiration of their professor and attempted to do something important in their life.
To join in the fight against the Afghanistan instead of waiting for the war between the two countries to cease.
Unfortunately, clashes of opinion arose between a Senator and a reporter even as they were fighting for their survival in the battlefield.
Which eventually cost them their life.

Was it foolish of them?
I dont think so.
I mean, how many of us would actually have the courage to not only believe but to live out our conviction?

I totally admired them.
For their courage.
Their conviction.
Their determination to stand up for what they believe.
Their fighting spirit.
Their commitment towards each other.
To stand with and by each other.

Not run away.
Not give up.
Not forgetting what they hope for.
What they promised to themselves and to each other.

WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR?
WHAT DO YOU FIGHT FOR?
WHAT DO YOU LIVE FOR?
WHAT DO YOU DIE FOR?

Posted by missyew at 9:00 PM