Saturday, October 20, 2007

Went for a recee at Little India today.
My second with ah-go-gong.

Got some extra help from my two indian frens, dj and ilango.
Interestingly, both are a mix of chinese and indian parentage.
(tks dj, I found the restaurant u recommended)
(tks ilango for the info on the garland)

The street was much crowded this time.
Everyone's getting ready for Deepavali.
New clothes, new ornaments, new tidbits etc.

I celebrated Deepavali too, last year.
Was invited to dj's house.
It was kinda memorable.
Firstly, dj and juli are new frens so it was an honor to be invited.
Secondly, it was quite a test of courage for me as I am not a big fan of Indian food. Ha.

Don't get me wrong.
The food was nice.
I was just not adventurous enough when it comes to Indian food.
Unlike ah-go-gong.
He seems to know a thing or two about Indian food and enjoyed it.

But my stomach is only ready for naan.
I think you need to have an acquired taste for certain food.
And for me, I guess I am still very Chinese when it comes to food.

Anyway, Little India is worth a visit.
A treat to the eye - colorful saris, bangles, sweets.
A treat for the nose - spices, scents, food.
A treat for the vain and rich - walk down the streets of glittering gold.

Isn't God very creative to make us all so different and unique.
Let's learn to appreciate and enjoy the richness of these differences.


Can't rembr the name but it's potato with yoghurt
and a special sauce inside a crispy dough.


Naan with curry chicken and curry with cheese.
Woo-la-la, my favourite.

Posted by missyew at 10:05 PM