Monday, October 15, 2007

It's been ages since I last hang out with my churchmates.
So I decided to give myself a break and tag along for lunch at PS yesterday.
For a long time, I felt quite out of place among them.
Being the less sociable type, I am not sure what to talk to them about.
And as we grew up, our gap became wider, almost unnecessarily.

Why do I said that?
Because rightfully speaking, we are peers.
And since we are peers, we should have endless things to talk about.
Plus we have been around in the same church for so many years.

Maybe it's my fault.
I have never been the type to make small talk and socialise.
In fact, I felt very awkward in groups and I avoid such settings as much as I can.
Quite unbelievable, considering the kind of job that I am in. Ha.

But my churchmates have been very gracious.
They have always tried to involve me in one way or another.
And perhaps, it's about time I returned the favour.

Anyway, the lunch was not too bad.
Except that we walked our separate ways after lunch (not what I expected)

It's better this way,
according to one of my guy friend.
We could see what we want, and not have to wait for each other.
We are also not so interested in shopping unlike the gals.
So we would rather see our own stuff or just stay and drink coffee until it's time to gather back.

Point taken.

And so I went off to Times Bookshop and got myself two novels.



I have a softspot for books ever since my sister pass me hers to read.
I ever spend on 10 books at one go during a book fair. Ha.
But it can be a heavy investment.
As each book cost approximately $20.

But I enjoyed the whole process of reading books.
Very relaxing.
Very enriching.
I loves language and the use of it.
I am always amazed at how the author can make the words comes alive.
That explains why I can devour the books at such great speed.
I wish, sometimes, that I could show the same enthusiasm when it comes to the Bible (shame on me!)

There will be alot of books to keep me occupied for the next couple of weeks.
Let's hope it doesn't eat into my time to read the Bible.


"He Speaks To Me Everywhere" by Philip Ryken (free book from a bookroom to all the staff)
"When Heaven Is Silent" by Ronald Dunn (a borrowed book from a missionary friend)

Posted by missyew at 7:04 PM