Wednesday, October 17, 2007
I have a bruise on my left arm.I went for a blood test yesterday.A funny experience.I was early.But a long queue was already forming.Everyone looks high-spirited.That calms me a little.Actually I am not scared of a simple blood test.Not until...One of my colleague suddenly asked.."May I have permission to scream?"Haha.That freaks me out a little.Is it going to be painful?It doesn't help that another of my colleague commented.."Don't be too tense, or else the needle will break and stay in your arm"Ya right, thanks.This is making me jittery.But the "best" is yet to come.Apparently the nurse had difficulty drawing blood with the small needle from my colleague who is before me.She then decided to use a bigger needle.Bigger means 5 times the size of the one she used on the rest of us.This makes me nervous.What if she can't draw out any blood from me?Thankfully, it wasn't so dramatic for me.In fact, it was a painless experience.Except for a ant bite sensation.Next week, we have to be back to be "counselled" on the results.And I am not going to be near these 3 colleagues of mine. Ha.I thought about this whole experience.And wonder in amazement, how God make us in such a way that a tiny pint of blood can tells us so much about our health.That same red liquid, not any of ours, were also used to redeem us from the penalty of our sin.For us who don't deserve it.Thank you Lord for your shed blood.
Posted by missyew at 9:22 PM
About me
:: Commonly known as Ms Yew or ζζδΈ
:: Hangs out at the bathroom, in the bedroom, on the couch and inside the fridge
:: Helpless without God, family, food, frens, books, pillow, ezlink and my lappy
Links
My fav
Archives
Yak Here
Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Credits