Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dinner was good today.
Had steamboat at purvis street with some long-distant frens.
And made a new fren today, Eng.

It's interesting to hear from another point of view about what it means to serve God.
To hear about how he uproot his whole family from Canada.
To leave behind what is familiar.
To trust the Lord to lead him to what's unfamiliar.

It reminded me of Abraham.
Uprooting his family to a land where he lived as an alien.
The land that God promised to give to him and his descendants.
And off he went.
Empty-handed but full of faith.

I want such faith.
That gives me courage to go where others dare not tread.
I want such faith.
That I may believe and trust in my God, Abraham's God.

4 Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples.
5 Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you,because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.
(Isaiah 55:4-5)

Posted by missyew at 11:15 PM