Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Today is my uncle's funeral.
Watching my extended family getting ready for the send-off was unbearable.
I am reminded of my dad.
Reminded of his funeral.
Reminded of how I felt.
Reminded that I don't like how I felt.
I missed my dad.
I am saddened that I did so little for him.
I wish I could turn back the clock.
Sometimes you think that death will makes us appreciate the living.
But very often, we never learnt our lesson.
A friend once said to me that he will only appreciate a person/thing until he lost it.
No. If you have ever lost someone precious before, you would never make that statement.
Losing someone is a painful experience.
No one would want to relive it.
If you truly love someone, you will appreciate and treasure the person wholeheartedly all the time.
As if it's the last time you are going to see him/her.
That is selfless love.
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Cor 13:1-7
Posted by missyew at 3:57 PM
About me
:: Commonly known as Ms Yew or ζζδΈ
:: Hangs out at the bathroom, in the bedroom, on the couch and inside the fridge
:: Helpless without God, family, food, frens, books, pillow, ezlink and my lappy
Links
My fav
Archives
Yak Here
Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Credits