Thursday, September 20, 2007

Recd a bout of bad news lately.

Death.
Attended 4 wakes this year.

Sickness.
My uncle is right now very sick in the hospital.

I wonder what will a person be thinking of when he knew that death is approaching?

Unfulfilled wishes and dreams?
Things he cant bear to leave behind like family,friends?
Fear of what is to come?
Or simply whether his life has been purposeful?

I think when you are at your deathbed and have time to think about what your life is really all about, you should seriously think about it.

We all work so hard to prepare our time here on earth but many of us hardly work equally hard to prepare ourself for what's ahead - our eternal destination.

I read a poem "Eternal Link" taken from http://www.christianstories.com/ (under Challenging Stories) and it really make me seriously consider what your life is going to count for when God reads the book of your life.

Go read them. Too long to post it here.

Posted by missyew at 10:50 PM